Self Belief is Everything

All words and pictures copyright Alastair Rose 2011

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oregon again

Back in Oregon (and a couple of other US states) for another year. Occasionally people ask me why I keep returning and as a picture tells a thousand words the below photos should go a long way to explaining. Tomorrow I have to hop on a plane to the other side of the country for some work (well sea kayaking anyway) but the below photos are all from my the third day back in the US where Whitney and I managed to climb and ski all in one day......
Rachel getting ready for the lead at the buckets wall (this was the 5.10) with whitney ready to belay.
Going for it. - this route is awesome except for the bouldery start.....
Me trying to fit in a burger as we drive up the pass towards the snow.
Whitney looking back at Three fingered Jack (thats a mountain not a person) as we skin up hoodoo.The sunset from the top of hoodoo.
On the summit of hoodoo before the ski back down.

So in truth this was indeed a perfect day but we had tried to do the same the day before...... Tried to go skiing but realised that Whitney hadnt fitted her skins to her skis then tried to go climbing and i forgot my left shoe making things a little more tricky. (we did manage one route where I had to stuff my left foot into the toe of whitneys left shoe). But the day was rescued heading to tony and kellys for "fry fest 2010" and some weird american game a bit like rugby. Hopefully the next photos should be of sea kayaking in alabama.....

1 comment:

webquake said...

Hey Ali,
just wanted to let you know that it is a great pleasure for me following your very inspiring blog. Especially the pictures are quite impressive and well appreciated. You seem to have learned a lot of my photographer skills: Good on you, mate.
Cheers,
Quake