Self Belief is Everything

All words and pictures copyright Alastair Rose 2011

Friday, September 2, 2011

Busy Weeks

Just back from the lower Salmon after a busy couple of weeks. I had promised Brie that I would climb the Monkey with her before the end of the season. Time was getting shorter so we headed out for an evening ascent of "Monkey off my Back" (5.9, Ao) during my prep days. Then on to the Deschutes river as a course director then straight back to base to prep the for the next river (in Idaho) the Lower Salmon family and Adult course.
Brie pulling through the final aid moves before the final pitch as the sun goes down (we topped out at sunset)
The stars spinning around the north star with a group camped below on the Deschutes river (camped at Ed Rogers)
Mike Mourar running the right side of Oak Springs with his umbrella up.
Paddle cat flip drills on the Lower Salmon (Caitlin and Lauren)
Part of the massive lightning storm that passed over us on the 4th day on the Salmon. My camera was the only thing that was dry during this - I could have rung my sleeping bag out the next morning!
Making dinner
One of the best things about work - working with good friends, Meagan, Myself and Nadia dressed for success.
I have been working on this a bit this summer - an HDR image of rafts in camp. (Three images at different exposures overlayed on top of each other to bring out more vibrancy)

Now I just have to get ready for Rach and Chris's wedding before heading back to Idaho to run the Main Salmon with friends.

1 comment:

richard said...

Great night sky photies. We just got the full moon and jupiter showing up in our sky over London the past two nights .