Self Belief is Everything

All words and pictures copyright Alastair Rose 2011

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Unblelievable

I have frequently told people in recent months about how wet and nasty Scotland is at this time of year. The snow comes usually in the new year and the days around christmas are dark and dreary. This year that does not appear to be the case. Currently there is about 10 inches of snow outside, the country is in a state of emergency (as no-one carries snow chains) and I am about to go canoeing. I have managed a couple of wintery things and here are the photos for the non - believers that Scotland gets snow.
Sledging (thats sledding to you americans) on christmas day (me and cousin Emma)
Kees and I in the evening (330pm) light after "testing" the sledging for chrismas day
Ruaridh and I on the summit before the ski down on Chrismas Eve
Ruaridh looking west towards Ben Alder and Creag Meagidh
Ruaridh skinning up the final slope to the summit (looking north)

No comments: